Wellness & Preventative Health Programs are evidence-based health programs that have been tested and proven to work in a real-world setting. Whether you are looking to learn how to live with and manage a chronic disease or health condition, such as diabetes, learn how to reduce your fear of falling, develop healthy eating habits as you age, or want to become physically active, we’ve got a program that’s been proven to make a difference in your life.
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls:
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• View falls as controllable
• Set goals for increasing activity
• Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
• Exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Anyone concerned about falls
• Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
• Anyone who has fallen in the past
• Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held once a week for eight weeks. For more information about these class locations and times please contact Chrissy Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 228-868-2311.
Fall Prevention Resources:
Fall Prevention Fact Sheet